Start planning now! Understanding and documenting your infrastructure needs is critical to a successful application.
The process might seem overwhelming, but we've taken some of the guesswork out of what needs to happen over the next six months to prepare a successful application. You’re just four steps away from securing up to $2 Million for your community’s infrastructure needs:
1. Identify Needs
· July - Determine local sanitary and storm program needs
· Late July - Develop and review a preliminary scope outline
2. Finalize Scope
· August - Prepare a detailed scope of services and fee estimates
· September - Coordinate scope fee with staff and finalize scope
3. Obtain Council Approvals
· Early October - Council working session (scope /ee review)
· Early November - Council approves consulting contract
4. Apply for Grant
· Late November - Council passes Grant Funding Resolution
· December 2: Submit SAW Grant Appication!
Contact OHM Advisors' Vicki Putala or Greg Kacvinsky at 888.522.6711 with your questions about the program, or if you would like assistance brainstorming the use of funds or getting the application together. The cost of preparing the grant application is also grant eligible.